UKRAINIAN BAPTIST HERITAGE CENTRE

Ukrainian Baptist Church of Chicago

Visit the church's website www.ubcchicago.org and you can listen to audio programs and view videos.

According to Rev. G. Domashovetz's book Historical Sketch of the Ukrainian Evangelical Baptist Church, 1967 [pg 380-381], the history of this church traces its start back to 1915, when two students from Southern Baptist Seminary, Joseph Skula and Brother Harkivcha, started services in their home.

PASTORS

1915 - 1949 - To be confirmed

1949 - 1955  Rev. Olexa Harbuziuk

1956 - 1982  Rev. John Polischuk

June 1982 - December 31, 1992 Rev. Olexa Harbuziuk

December 1992 - present  Rev. Aleksandr Kalinin

In 1952, the church purchased its first building on North Damen Avenue for $50,000.00.  In December 1985, the church moved to its new location in Berwyn, Illinois.

Since December 1992, Rev. Aleksandr Kalinin immigrated from Ukraine with his family and became the pastor and serves the congregation to this present day.

See UKRAINIAN BAPTIST MINISTERS & WIVES SECTION for more information on Rev. Olexa Harbuziuk and Rev. John Polischuk.

 

 

© Ukrainian Baptist Heritage Centre
Powered by Wild Apricot. Try our all-in-one platform for easy membership management